Navigating Today's Uncertain Market:
Opportunities, Risks & Keeping Emotions in Check
Chris Davis on the all-important investing question, “When I look back two years from now, what will I be wishing I had done today?”
- 0:00 Overcoming fear and asking the question “When I look back two years from now, what will I be wishing I had done today?”
- 2:20 How historically, buying in uncertain times has significantly added to investor returns
- 3:50 Why persistence and keeping emotions in check is critical
- 8:09 Lessons from 50 years on Wall Street
- 11:23 Equities for the long term investor
- 13:20 Why “You make most of your money in a bear market, you just don’t realize it at the time”
- 17:08 Why lower prices can increase future returns
- 18:48 Corrections are inevitable and can create opportunity
- 23:58 Risk where people feel safe, and why Financials are mispriced
- 25:26 Four areas of opportunity
Share Return to Video Archive
Prospectuses and Forms
More videos from Davis Funds
Volatility – Emotion = Opportunity
How an unemotional investment approach can allow investors to see opportunity more clearly.Watch Now Watch Now
Before investing in the Davis Funds, you should carefully consider the investment objectives, risks, charges, and expenses of the Funds. The prospectus and summary prospectus contains this and other information about the Funds. You can obtain performance information and a current prospectus and summary prospectus by visiting davisfunds.com or calling 800 279 0279. Please read the prospectus or summary prospectus carefully before investing or sending money. Investing involves risks including possible loss of principal.
Davis Advisors paid AssetTV their customary licensing fee to reprint this profile. AssetTV is not affiliated with Davis Advisors, and Davis Advisors did not commission AssetTV to create or publish this profile.
While Davis Advisors attempts to manage risk there is no guarantee that an investor will not lose money. Equity markets are volatile and the investment return and principal value of an investment will vary. Diversification does not ensure against loss.
Davis Advisors is committed to communicating with our investment partners as candidly as possible because we believe our investors benefit from understanding our investment philosophy and approach. Our views and opinions include “forward-looking statements” which may or may not be accurate over the long term. Forward-looking statements can be identified by words like “believe,” “expect,” “anticipate,” or similar expressions. You should not place undue reliance on forward-looking statements, which are current as of the date of this report. We disclaim any obligation to update or alter any forward-looking statements, whether as a result of new information, future events, or otherwise. While we believe we have a reasonable basis for our appraisals and we have confidence in our opinions, actual results may differ materially from those we anticipate.
Shares of the Davis Funds are not deposits or obligations of any bank, are not guaranteed by any bank, are not insured by the FDIC or any other agency, and involve investment risks, including possible loss of the principal amount invested.
Davis Distributors, LLC
2949 East Elvira Road, Suite 101, Tucson, AZ 85756